Google

Friday, July 3, 2009

Mom update July 3

So Mom is at rehab. She was transferred late Wednesday afternoon. OT and speech therapy came to evaluate her yesterday and PT should be coming today. Nicole was there yesterday and said that she sat up in bed for 45 minutes, which is great and that she was able to answer a bunch of questions about herself and her family. Sara, Greg and I went for a visit last evening and she started out really with it, and then a doctor came and started asking questions and she had no idea. at all. The doctor asked how many children she had, she said two. Name Michael and Joseph. I asked who I was and she said Stacy, and then asked how I was related and said her daughter. Her mind is just not making connections that it should. For awhile she thought I was Robin (her sister) and then that I was Toni and she also called me Grandma. It was the most out of it that I have seen her in awhile. It was almost like she was saying whatever name came into her mind because she did not know who I was. The only person she seemed to know the entire time was Sara. She always knew her name and that she was her granddaughter. So I am not sure what is going on mentally. Oh and she still thinks she is at Shady Grove Hospital.
So I think she is getting better physically, and most of the time mentally, but the times that she is out of it mentally, she is really out of it.

No comments: